Posted on May 18, 2019

Millbrook Boats

History:
Millbrook Boats has been a source of custom whitewater canoes since 1959. The founder, John Berry, was highly instrumental in the early stages of decked canoe and open canoe development. He began offering his canoes for resale in 1965 as "MAD RIVER CANOE AND KAYAK BY JOHN BERRY". In 1971 he changed the name to " MILLBROOK BOATS", as Jim Henry had earlier registered the name "MAD RIVER CANOE". In 1975, Millbrook Boats moved from the banks of the Mill Brook in Waitsfield, VT to the Hudson River in Riparius, NY. There, John designed his first open canoes such as the Flasher, the Flashback, the M.E., the AC/DC, etc. In 1988, John Berry sold the business to John Kazimierczyk, who continues the Millbrook legacy of innovative light-weight designs, custom made for anyone desiring to paddle a high performance, lightweight boat.
"Kaz" has been paddling whitewater since 1976. He learned to roll an open canoe long before he knew it was invented by someone else. He also holds over 125 First Place National Championship titles in various paddling disciplines which include slalom, downriver, and marathon.
Contact Us
Message sent. We'll get back to you soon.